Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 00:26:14 EST

Hi all,

Recently a doctor at Duke University Medical Center told me that he had done
research and that there is NO SUCH THING as negative serology/positive biopsy.
Now I am very confused, could many of you who say you were tested negative by
blood perhaps had an "old" test that is now outdated?  He said the anti-
endomesial and anti-gliadin and the IgG and IgA were conclusive........  my
adopted son (with Down syndrome) is a biopsy pos. celiac, however my sister
tested neg and went on the diet anyway and is well for the first time in her
life.  My biological daughter just tested neg and went on the diet about 3
weeks ago and said she had "hard poop"  for the first time she can ever
remember......  she is 18.

If anyone has any printed material on serolgy negative celiac disease or knows
where I can get my hands on it to show him I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks so much,
Karin