RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 1997 16:41:31 -0700
Ellie wrote:
<To a large extent, I think my recovery from major health problems,
including mental illness, addictions, learning disability, pancreas and
liver disease, a lung tumor, and more, has been accelerated by doing the
work of releasing old toxic emotions, especially anger, which has been
stored as toxic, mostly endogenous, biochemicals in the neurons of my
brain. >

Kirt has raised the important question of whether increased health by
instinctive eaters might be related to the cessation of dairy and grains.
In light of this I am looking critically at my claims above. Of course,
much of my improvement was be due to eliminating drugs, cigarettes, and
SAD diet. I was on prescription drugs non-stop for 30 years, and many of
my problems were related to that. What I did notice was that the
improvement was slow but steady after stopping these things, whereas the
improvement in diet, not necessarily IE, brought rather rapid
improvements.

A number of points make me think that my improvement was diet related and
related to the work of releasing old stored up toxic feelings of anger.
Symptoms of bronchitis from my lung disease got worse during a period of
ten years after I stopped smoking but was still eating SAD. It improved
rather suddenly when I started eating all raw food in Jan 95. Of course
it might be said that the symptoms during those ten years were detox
symptoms and the improvement was because of them, yet it seemed that the
improvement was rather sudden and therefore perhaps related to the diet
change.

Periods of intense work in releasing anger always cause detox symptoms
followed by improved mental health. Further, when I cut back on fruits
and used large amounts of unheated honey, my pancreatic function tests
became normal. My cholesterol ratio and triglycerides improved over a
period of six months during which I began to eat raw fatty
animal food in 96. My B-12 and homocysteine became abnormal after I had
been eating vegetarian for two years, and became normal after I took B-12
supplements briefly and began animal food. I've stopped the supplements,
so will have to wait for more tests maybe next year. One last point. When
I recommitted to IE and better food combining in July of this year, I
noticed a sudden improvement in my ability read, also in my senses.

Please give me your analysis. I also hope some of you will share your
experiences, so that we can better arrive at the truth.

My best, Ellie