RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
[log in to unmask] (Alexander Rice)
Date:
Fri, 3 May 1996 20:09:00 -0800
** Reply to note from veg-raw-list <[log in to unmask]> 05/03/96 08:12am -0400
> Dear veg-raw Subscribers
> I am unsubscribing Laurie Forti from the mailing list.  Laurie has been
> sending in a large volume of posts, a number of which, in my opinion,
> display an intolerance for alternative viewpoints.  I simply do not have
> the time to go through and decide which are acceptable and which are not.
> For this mailing list to work, subscribers need to take personal
> responsibility for what they are posting.

Based on the posts that I've read by both Laurie and Tom (whose recent
debates have clearly been tainted with a tension greater than usual), I
think they *both* seem to be relatively immobile from their points of view.
Tom certainly is extremely adamant about the dangers of fruitarianism,
among other things, and nothing that Laurie has said has seemed to sway him
one bit (not that it necessarily should though). I don't wish to give the
impression that I'm pro-Laurie and anti-Tom, as this is definitely not the
case. I think both have contributed much invaluable information to this
list.

I believe the expulsion of Laurie from this list has not been sufficiently
justified. Tom has left of his own accord, and I will miss his presence.
However, Laurie deserves to remain a contributor as long as he wishes to
be, or until a truly valid reason for his expulsion presents itself.

IMHO,
Alexander