RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jun 1997 19:27:04 -0700
Sheila Shea wrote:

>'Civilization' has also
>been the source of war and rape and is this the result of suppressed
> emotions, toxic brains that can't properly control the detox.
> Many people are at war on regular historical basis and are acting out
> (maybe misdirectied) and the rest of us stay home and repress (assuming no
> intervention of consciousness).

Yes, Yes! I agree. Wild animals don't usually suppress their emotions
(maybe because they are blessed with less cerebral cortex), and they
don't get together and wage war (maybe some slightly civilized primates
do,:-) I don't know). Animals in zoos get toxic and sometimes attack
their caretakers during a detox. Some of us misdirect our toxic rage
toward others in war or rape or murderous acts, and some of us direct it
toward ourselves in addctions, suicide, etc. The armies that follow
deranged leaders of war are getting their rage out vicariously. I can't
judge about those who might go to war to prevent others from killing,
perhaps they have less toxic minds. There is a journal that has papers
concerning the acting out of group fantasies called Psychohistory. You
might enjoy reading it.

> Ellie:
> A clogged up sns
> >(in the brain its termed noradrenergic system) can account for people not
> >only having symptoms of emotional disease on any good diet, but also
> >cancer, heart disease etc, since the sns controls so many functions of
> >internal organs, etc. More diseases are psychosomatic than we realize.
> >Maybe Burger's wife?? I don'know her story.

Shiela:
> I would like to think my cardiac insufficiency is all psychosomatic however
> part of it is due to bulimic behaviors.

I think my so-called physical problems are the result of both, toxins
from bad food, air, etc. and the toxicosis in my noradrenergic and
sympathetic nervous system that came as a result of suppressing emotions.

Sheila:
On the other side of that scale, I
> feel that I am healing the heart disease that has taken my father and
> maternal and paternal grandfathers. The healing is occuring on planes other
> than the physical and transgressing the time-gene barrier. The bulimia is
> also a disease of isolation and alienation, of depression and
> meaninglessness, of self-mutilation and abuse. So it is a lack of 'heart'
> development. Any thoughts.

Could be. I'm not sure what you mean by 'heart.' If you mean 'heart' in
the sense of feelings, I attribute feelings to the nervous system and
pumping blood to the heart.

My best, Ellie