RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 1995 21:20:17 -0400
<<<>What's wrong with baked food?  This is a new rule to me... ;-)

In "Conscious Eating" (pg. 366), Gabriel Cousens discusses an experiment
that used Kirlian photography to assess the amount of energy present in
foods, including processed food.  Raw food of course had the highest
energy; oven baked food was "dead last" in energy (and other ways as
well). So oven baked food is the "deadest" - it is the most cooked, and
has the least energy to give those who consume it.

Tom Billings

Thanks for the info.  Does it still apply if cooking times are constant?  I
ask because I love baked potatoes...

Sue