From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 May 1997 20:37:47 -0400
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]> asked:

>Are you being funny or extremely serious?

Serious. :)

>>How about a "small" slice of pineapple and bacon?
>
>Now Pineapple comes from a part of the World where I don't have any
>ancestors from. I may not have adapted to it.

I just looked pineapple up. It's a New World fruit. I'll have to add it to
my list of New World foods.

>>Spice it up with some green chilies.
>
>Green chilies are New World.

A list of New World vegetables include: corn/maize, potatoes, tomatoes,
squashes, green and chile peppers, sweet potatoes, pumpkins, tobacco,
cranberries, okra, quinoa, cocoa, pineapple, and I'm sure more.

Cranberries have some health advantages, but until the recent study saying
how great tomatoes were, this wan't a list of foods noted for being
special. Most of the night shade family is here, and some people, e.g.
arthritis sufferers, say they aggrevate their symptoms. Tomato, a
nightshade, is out of the diet if one is trying to control their psoriasis
with the Pagano diet.

Unfortunately these New World foods grow very well here in the New World.
To the extent I can I'd like to focus on foods indigenous to Northern Europe.

>>Sauted mushrooms are nice!
>
>But sauteing?

Since raw mushrooms are edible (if they also are edible cooked) then the
Paleo recommendation would be to not cook them.

Don.