CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Korber <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 1999 17:07:16 EDT
Martin wrote:
>You can say it, but then you must also say these things.........

        War and violence should always be opposed. You have to work to get
all people to agree to that. Any support of it will only make the likelihood
of the continued use of violence in the future increase. There is always the
possibility of ending violence. Why support anything else, but peace? Working
for peace through peaceful nonviolent activism doesn't imply passivity.

>Peoples' choices are involved
>every step of the way.  Some of those choices are NATO choices; some
>are Serb army choices.  Some were IMF choices.

        What choices do you have? What things can you do to further peace?
It's obviously something you are concerned with. You suggested I go to Kosovo
and teach peace. Actually people I work with have already been there, as well
as to Iraq. They left me with plenty of work to do here in NYC. If you are
interested in helping out with a peace causes, you can make a big difference
in someone's life (and improve your Norwegian listening and speaking skills)
be contacting:

Tore Vik
With greetings from Tore Vik and the
Rainbow Antiracist Organisation Troms
++47 77619950  ++47 907 32685
homepage:http://www.student.uit.no/regnbuen/index.html

        Right now these people are interested in helping refugees from the
conflict. It seems to be a very pragmatic thing to do as of this date.

Sincerely,
John Korber, NYC
(New York is a place where upwards of 600 violent homicides occur each year.
Drop me a line if you decide to make New York you next home. We could use
your help here. Currently we are trying to end ethically motivated police
harrassment and murder.)