RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 1996 16:51:17 -0500
my longest fast was 13 days just water

i wanted to go 16 days, for the 16 years that i did drugs
every day i went over one year of memories
after 13 days i ate
someone told me to finish it, and think just that i ate for the last 3 days
of my fast. That seemed to work for me.

nothing besides a water fast is really a fast
i know people that have gained weight on just fruit juice after months

right now i am in cleaning and detox, and just having fruit juice and hot
water with ginger
my longest juice fast was 3 weeks

going from a fast to just fruit seems to work pretty well as far as keeping
the head clear and energy up. colonics during fasts really do help keep the
energy up also. its hard in ny, otherwise i wouldn't even be having juice
now. But i am getting all my lists of things to do all done, and i just
want to continue for a while.

i have had fasts where i broke them with big salads, and then threw up the
salad. it is really important coming off the fast properly. it is the test
of a successful fast. and the reward. the fast is a mental cleansing also,
and the issues have to be worked through, or i don't make any progress.

the issues i am working out now are:
1) throwing out stuff, and getting rid of possessions. getting my clothes
down to just a few pieces, pruning my books and cds, feeling comfortable in
my small city space.
2) being casual with people: girls, job offers. Being less repulsed by
civilized people. I make believe that people like me, and then i am able to
treat them differently. i see someone, and imagine that they have a good
first impression of me. It helps me to be nicer to them
3) working on my network program with the hopes that one day i will make
enough money to escape from NY. this time properly.
4) enjoying the whole day.
      Raw Food Eaters at http://www.RAWTIMES.COM/
         Find betaman on irc #rawtimes (effnet)
              email: [log in to unmask]