RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Janis Callen Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 1999 10:20:05 -0500
At 10:13 AM 3/13/99 -0500, you wrote:
>In a message dated 3/13/99 7:55:52 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
>[log in to unmask] writes:
>
>LIZA
>>  You mention food combining and cooked food. Food combining has absolutely
>>  zero basis in human physiology. People have claimed that it helps them, but
>>  I think this is because they're eating less, or eating better foods, or
>>  making other concomitant dietary or psychological changes which are
>>  helpful. ANHS has come out with a statement that there is no evidence to
>>  support any theories of food combining.

LANCE
>This is the first time I have heard this.  Do you have any references?  I
>still practice food combining a little bit.  I'm not scientific but it seems
>to work . . . simply because things digest quicker when one eats like no
>matter how much you eat.  In other words, the stomach empties quicker.  This
>seems like a good thing to me.  The quicker the digestion the more energy you
>have for other things.  Isn't that the whole idea behind fasting?

JANIS
I'm really grateful to see this discussion arise as this has been one area
in which I've been totally confused as my experience has been in support of
Liza' position but so many books and practioners state Lance's position.
From what I've read the PH of the stomach, if functioning properly, is so
low that the slight differences between alkaline and acidic foods makes no
difference, and in my own diet, I find that combining proteins, fats and
carbohydrates at one time leads to satiety and a feeling of balance for a
longer time (as in the zone diet, which I don't follow literally but which
has been helpful for me).

One question for Liza:  what is ANHS?

Luv,       Cuz (Janis)