RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Mayne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jun 1998 18:23:45 -0400
Ward:
> P.S. Does anybody really know how Ehret actually died? It says in the
> foreward to Mucusless Diet Healing System that, "Professor Arnold Ehret,
> Originator and Teacher of the Mucusless-Diet Healing System, was born July
> 29, 1866. On October 9, 1922, while still in the very prime of life,
> enjoying a superior state of health known to but few men of present day
> civilization, he met with an unfortunate accident, suffering a basal
> fracture of the skull which caused almost instant death." And that's all it
> says. Talk about being forthcoming. :-)

Well, the 21'st edition I have says on page 9: "An autopsy was requested
and performed by the Los Angeles County Coroner's office, and cause of death
was verified by them as having resulted from a 'basal fracture of the skull'.
If further details are desired write the Los Angeles County Recorder's Office,
Hall of Records, Los Angeles, California."

His books are still in print, I saw copies of Rational Fasting and Mucusless
Diet Healing System in my local coop. I'll take a look at the current
publisher next time I visit, unless someone else has the current information.

In addition to the comments that Ward alluded to above, i.e. his mathmatical
formulas for living, I found his writing style to be very extremest, close
minded, and just plain fanatical. V = P - O is the main assertion that he
rests on, and the rest of his words were a rambling rant. Granted, English
was not his first language, but I had an awful time getting through that
book, even in my earlier days of exposure to raw food.

Perhaps Aaron can contact the LA Recorder's Office, and see if they still
have/will release more info on his autopsy.

Regards,

David