RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dariusz ROZYCKI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 1997 20:14:57 -0400
 Tom:
> I would like to make a side comment here. Illness, so long as it does not
> kill or largely disable you, can, paradoxically, be a blessing. If you
> can see the illness as a message - from nature, God, or your higher self -
> that you are doing something wrong, then the illness may motivate you to
> do a thorough self-examination. Through this self-examination, you may
> find what is wrong in your life (physically, mentally, and/or spiritually).
> Once that is determined, you can then take steps to correct those things,
> and change for the better. The illness (or the threat of a recurrence) will
> then give you motivation to make those changes.

I agree with you, Tom, but I wasn't quite talking about minor health
problems such as headaches or stomach pains.  And if these aren't what
you have in mind either, then the more serious variety like cancer or
such, I would very much so rather not have to go through and do not wish
for for even the least favorite of my friends.

Your thoughts scare me tonight, Tom.  One should be healthy enough not to
have to wish for an illness to make him healthier (in whatever way you
see that as happening).