RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Martha Seagoe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 1997 14:34:42 -0800
Thomas E. Billings:
>The point is that honey labelled as 'unheated' may in fact be heated to
>filter it.

OK, just wanted to be sure.  I went ahead and bought a jar of the honey.
It's called 'Island of the Moon Apiaries.'  When I got it out of the store and
into better light I could see that it is indeed cloudier than other honey and
has some little 'floaters' in it.  So I guess I believe the 'unfiltered' claim.
The 'unheated' claim is sort of interesting because the back label reads:
'Our solar process warms the honey without any loss of nutrients, color,
or bouquet.'  Looks like there's a phone number search & a phone call in
my near future.  BTW no wax ring.

>Bee pollen = plant pollen as collected by the bees. A trap is placed at
>the front of the hive that the bees must pass through on return from
>any trip, esp. pollen collection trips. The trap scrapes the pollen
>off the hind legs of the bees, and it falls into a "container" ...
Interesting stuff.  As always, thanks for your reply.

Cheers,
Martha