RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 1997 08:51:20 -0400
Kirt:
> Was there no mention of clabbered dairy (yogurt, kefir, etc.)? Melisa still
> has a taste for kefir, has no symptoms, and I'm sure she would after being
> dairyless for nearly eight years (with minor exceptions). And it still
> tastes like sour chalk to me. :/

I am afraid I returned the book to the library, and that my memory is
selective... They did mention a few facts about cheese and yogurt.
What I remember is that lactose is partially digested, that cheese
contains less lactose, and (maybe?) the micro-organisms in non-pasteurized
yogurt (or added after pasteurization) can help digestion.
--
I didn't give my comments to the book. I think that there are indeed some
problems associated with the consumption of milk, but that they are

The author of the book has himself suffered from LI for years, but he now
drinks small quantities of milk without inconvenients. Maybe I will
experiment with dairy products again (if I find some raw milk or cheese).

Best wishes,

Jean-Louis