RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynton Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Aug 1997 08:55:19 GMT
>Dariusz ROZYCKI wrote:
>> I don't suppose animals visualize foods either.  They likely go by smell
>> and taste.  Though they must equally likely manage to develop some sort
>> of mental pictures for foods they might prefer

 Ellie:
>I read that cats if fed in a yellow dish with a an empty blue dish nearby
>will always look in  the yellow dish. If the food is put in the blue dish
>and both dishes are sealed, the cat will chose the yellow dish.
>I find I am using sight to choose food more and more. I think about a
>piece of tuna or salmon or mackeral and make a choice before I even go to
>the store. Of course, it's somewhat based on whether the fish tasted good
>the last time I ate it, so I can't be sure it's a visual choice. A
>visual image can make my mouth water. It should be as valid for instincts
>as taste and smell.

I am having a bit of fun with this; one point is that the fish I ate last
time is not going to be the fish I visualise that I am going to go shopping
to buy.
Another is that we do remember what we ate, and visualizing is one way that
memories are recalled.  Some people might just as likely tell themselves "I
must buy the salmon today, it was great last time" or something similar.
Others may have the sensation of taking the bite to remind them.  But these
are not the food that we are intending to eat (tho they are what we would
like to eat).  What it is is our mind telling us what it thinks would be
good.  This does not make it correct necessarily: its usually more of a
habit pattern but can also be highly useful to guide appropriate behavior in
the healthy person. **
The food we intend to put in our mouth, while its on the plate in front of
us, is available to be tested for healthiness:  what does IT look like in
comparison with what we expect good to be?  Does it smell good.  etc.

** Ellie, I am pleased to hear of your work and successes at detoxing.  When
will your book be available?  Please e-mail me directly when it comes out.
I have been studying mental processes for a while (in myself mainly), and am
also aware of stages of improvement that accompany stages of detoxification.
I am facinated that you have been able to discover details of the brain
chemistry involved.

I was surprised last week when I had some liver, at a very strong detox
reaction that lasted for days - it was like a flu sortof.  Then I felt much
stronger.
I'm not particulaly focussed on detoxing anymore though, if it happens so be
it.  My focus is on expanding the range of foods I eat that make me healthy
while reducing those that reduce my health.

The last bit of that liver has slowed me down: I think I let it age a little
too much.  Such is the cost of experimenting !

Keep on Trucking,
Lynton