RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 1997 13:01:14 -0600
Dariusz:
>Still stuck on those mental images of food; do any of the instinctos
>(geez, I wish I could just say "people") here know what they're next food
>will be just by visualizing it in their mind?  It happens more and more
>often to me that I'll picture a food, then go smell it, taste it and eat
>it.  It fails me somtimes, but works in most cases. Anyone else doing this?
>Or do you only know after smelling and tasting?  In fact, which should be
>the most effective of senses in choosing the food?  Smell, taste? Maybe
>the visual?  Or is it necessarily a combination of all of them?  How can
>you explain that I can visualize the food and be perfectly happy wiht
>it's smell and taste afterwards?

Years ago I heard of a difference of opinion on this matter. A Dr Jaques
Fraedin (sp?), who was reportedly in with Burger on the early days of
instincto experimenting but soon split off, prefered that people go more
with their visual and/or intuitive clues for what to eat on instincto.
Burger, of course, has always said that smell/taste choices are best.
Fraedin claimed that folks who ate by intuition didn't have the very light
colored stools he claimed smell/taste instinctos had--and further that
those stools resembled a sick animal's stools not the "healthier" darker
stools that intuition instinctos had. Having used both smell/taste and
intuition freely I have never been able to tell from my own stools whether
this was true. Fraedin also thought that overeating was the biggest problem
for instinctos and argued that a taste change was not a reliable guide for
quantity. (If anybody knows anything more about this Fraedin guy perhaps
you can correct anything I written from memory and second hand gossip above
;))

One problem with only using your intuition is that, say you need oysters
but have never eaten them before, your intuition is probably unable to
direct you to oysters without experience. Perhaps is pays to test as many
foods as long as possible to widen the scope of raw foods your metabolism
"knows".

Cheers,
Kirt