RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 1997 13:21:47 +0000
Hi Peter,

thanks a lot for this. I was very near to the point, to start a privat
thread with you about this and it seems others did before me.
Some "contributions" were more and more unbearable. Obviously there are
people who blindly hit the reply button which (in their case) copies
the whole text of the original message into their reply.

In fact this silly behavior makes archive cleaning impossible, since if
you, Peter, are shortening parts of the cited message, you might throw
away parts, the replying person thought to be important to be copied.
Since he/she copied   a l l   one will never know.

I have some problem here with the subject lines. My mail program
doesn't allow me long subject lines. It limits them to 60 characters.
So I might be in trouble, if there is a subject, like
"Finding out about human health by history studies"
and I want to continue with
"Paleolithic studies in comparison (was: Finding out about human health
by history studies)"
This obviously would be too long and cut by my mail program.

I will help myself with ... then:
"Paleolithic studies in comparison (was: Finding out about..."

Accepted?

Should we make a guideline, that forbids replying to such a subject
line with
"Re: Paleolithic studies in comparison (was: Finding out about..."
and instead one would have to use:
"Re: Paleolithic studies in comparison"
thereby omitting the "was..." part? (It suffices for thread following
when the "was... " appears once).

Best cut and mailed wishes,

Stefan
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]