RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Judy Pokras <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 1997 07:37:10 +0000
Peter says:
>Judy, if you switch to the digest, you will be able to go through the daily
>messages in no time at all.

Judy says:
But wouldn't I then have to read through one very very long e-mail?  I only
have time to read about the subjects that interest me the most...

Peter says"
And if you do not have the time for even that,
>you can with a click of the mouse delete the whole digest message and make
>use of the archives when you have the time.

Judy says:
Maybe I should just rely on the archives (and unsubscribe)

>>***I think that with the increased volume to the list we really ought to
>>seriously consider creating an internet news group for raw foods.

Peter says:
 for a newsgroup not to be overrun with solicitors
>and frivolous posters of all kinds, it would need to be moderated meaning
>that every message gets screened by a moderator before being posted on the
>newsgroup.

Judy says:

I don't see why in the hypothetical newsgroup, people can't just read those
postings whose headlines interst them and disregard the rest.  That way, if
you don't have time to read stuff every single day, you can go to the
newsgroup when you do have time, and always find something of interest and
post your questions (and responses).
I would much prefer it.

Peer said:

>We are thinking of doing some advertising for raw-foods on the net

Does this mean trying to spread the word about the list?  So there will be
even MORE daily postings?  You're about to lose me....

> and if
>the list continues to grow, lower the daily total limit for messages. It is
>presently set at 50 which may be too high.

I can handle 20 a day.

Judy