RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Judy Pokras <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 1997 07:19:36 +0000

 Hi Judy:
>> If you go to the above event, please keep us informed of new ideas,
>> concepts, etc.  Thank you.

>> Carol

Hi Karen and Carol,

The event was fabulous!

(I made an announcement about the existence of this list.)

Imar (a tall, skinny, charming guy) gave a demo of a few recipes.

My favorite was a blueberry pie.

1.  Put some banana chips and raisins in a food processor and process til
they're still somewhat chunky.

2.  Roll the mixture into a big ball and press into a pie plate.  (He used a
glass one.)
3.  Put that into the freezer for 10 minutes and see how it solidifies!

4.  Meanwhile, put the contents of two boxes of blueberries into the
processor and mix for a few minutes.  Pour that out (it will start to gel
very quickly) into the pie crust.  And voila!  Blueberry pie!

(You can mix a small percentage of banana chips or other fruit with the
blueberries, but leave a high percentage of the bluebs to get the gel effect.)

The food was incredible.  He served mock tuna (carrots, sea vegs, etc.),
marinated veggies, and "kush", a soaked cracked wheat recipe.  People were
going back for seconds and thirds.  This was the first time I've eaten wheat
in months.  I couldn't resist.

He handed out copies of his new book to everyone in the audience, so they
could follow along.  (And I'm sure so they would want to buy the book.)

I did buy it.  It has something like 100 new recipes.  Many of them are raw.
He believes in raw, but includes some cooked recipes for transition diets.
He said he eats some cooked, mainly because he travels.  As we know, it can
be hard to maintain a raw diet away from home.

People kept asking him to open a (raw foods) restaurant in NYC.  He didn't
seem interested.  I wish someone would.

He has now has started a literary agency as well.

Judy