RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynton Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 1997 06:30:45 GMT
Dariusz:
>More on IE:
>Still stuck on those mental images of food; do any of the instinctos
>(geez, I wish I could just say "people") here know what they're next food
>will be just by visualizing it in their mind?  It happens more and more
>often to me that I'll picture a food, then go smell it, taste it and eat
>it.  It fails me somtimes, but works in most cases. Anyone else doing this?

Sure, it works for me quite a lot now.  Also, ever since I read the Anopso
guidelines for eating sequence (ie any meat; veges; fruits; nuts; dried
fruits) I tend to do that (not always tho, and nowdays I'm trying eating the
meat separately perhaps with greens and/or seaweed).
Besides, its simpler for me cos I leave out the last two groups most of the
time).

>Or do you only know after smelling and tasting?  In fact, which should be
>the most effective of senses in choosing the food?  Smell, taste? Maybe
>the visual?  Or is it necessarily a combination of all of them?  How can
>you explain that I can visualize the food and be perfectly happy wiht
>it's smell and taste afterwards?

I sometimes try to smell out the next food to eat; but I get a bit fed up
with it too.  I ofter rationalize "if this was the only food around, I'd
have no choice" - then I eat what I feel like.

>To anyone who's having thoughts about (at least) giving your instincts a
>try in choosing your next food, consider all these things that the
>so-called [other] "diets" support, claim and advocate:

>Do *not*:
>-[etc]

I agree its a lot easier to leave many rules behind.   Somehow though they
all seem to apply at some time or another.

Regards,
Lynton
PS: I just ate a heap of bananas on the "this is the food for now"
technique, but full as I was I didn't feel that great so I tipped in a
couple of egg yolks.  Much better.  (but what about later ...?)
LB