RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 1997 13:21:42 -0600
Dariusz:
>So I had another piece. Each was bigger and bigger.  Well, I finished
>half of the portion I bought (roughly a 2x3inch chunk - nothing
>spectacular).

Congrats on your first raw fish! In a couple months when a newcomer to the
list is full of questions and trepidation about first eating raw fish: you
are hereby nominated to calm their fears somehow. ;) Eating a couple ounces
of raw fish dissolves more fear than a dozen posts from experienced
instinctos.

BTW, it is probably worth the extra trouble of obtaining _wild_ salmon
instead of farmed. In general Atlantic, Norwegian, Chilean, and New Zealand
salmon should be considered farmed no matter what the fish seller says.
Alaskan salmon is almost always wild. It is now the season for wild and
there is a good chance that you had wild, but in the long run, you'll
probably be much better off with wild salmon...

Cheers,
Kirt