RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 19:21:25 -0500
Karen, welcome to raw-food.

Karen:
>Gosh isn't there anything ELSE to talk about??

Do not worry. There are lots of other threads to participate in. Sometimes
the best way to kill a thread you do not like is to ignore it.

>I did not know the was a slam the NFL forum, or else I would not have
subscribed.

I doubt that NFL would win a popularity contest on this list ;-) but I hope
you will stay with us anyway.

> The long list of rules stated that exactly what is happening wouldn't.

I am not sure I understand you. There is nothing in the rules for the list
about not expressing opinions of critical nature as long as they are
expressed with civility and content.

>Get a life, move on already, surely there is something positive to say
about raw foods, >or even a apple on this forum!!

There are lots. Jump in and take a bite. :-)

>Lets get past the NFL guys ok???? Or take it up with them directly..but
move >on!!!

If you go through the archives you will see that NFL and the
vegan/fruitarian zealotry that some of us feel they represent is only one
of many topics being discussed on the list. That it, however, from time to
time does get some attention is only natural as the book has stirred up a
lot of debate in the raw food community which of course will be reflected
on this list. Furthermore, this is more than just an ideological debate. To
some of us the diet that NFL is promoting represents all the myths and
dangers about raw food diets that we now after many years are in the
process of coming to terms with and that we often health wise have paid a
very high price for practicing, and naturally we want to prevent as many as
possible from repeating the same mistakes we made - just like when I cut my
foot on a piece of glass in the sand, I pick up the glass so nobody else
will get hurt. And last, the book "Natures First Law" uses very strong
language with the explicit intention of provoking. Well, it has provoked
and I do not understand how some NFL sympathizers can be so surprised by that.

Vicki:
>> >Some get it, some don't; Some will, some won't. Water seeks its own level.

Martha:
>> Huh?  Is this another example from the NFL book?

If not, it is probably very inspired by it. :-/

Best, Peter