RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynton Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 1997 00:14:21 GMT
 Greetings, this is my first time on the List.
i have been (for about 18 months) and am still experimenting and discovering
with Raw.
my general guidelines are healthiness, fitness, vitality and well-being...
and i'm learning to rely on my senses more, as my learning increases.

 i am very pleased to be able to join the Raw Food Diet List -
so Thank You Very Much!  to those that help set it up and provide this forum
for sharing about this most  important subject.

i have quite a few questions, i'm asking them via separate threads for the
convenience of those with specific interest, and for the archiving facility
to be of use here.

i came to RF thru Howell's book "Enzyme Nutrition" then Walkers juicing and
Wigmore's wheat-grass.

this is the first year that i have eaten so much fruit (mega$) and i love
it, tho  it doesn't give me everything i need.  So much so that i reverted
to having some cooked food in the evening - but once i started i couldn't
stop!!!

recently i came across the Anopsology web-pages - the most important point
for me was understanding the consequence of eating cooked is to cause
ongoing demand.  this registered immediatly with my experiences.
not only at the meal, where i would continue to fullness, but to
unreasonable desire for more the next day, and so on...

by itself this would not worry me, b u t  my guidelines were not being met !
the reverse: my eyesight, scalp and skin was deteriorating.

understanding that it was not (for me) a flexible choice, it was time to
_DecideToBe100%RF_.  the first days were the most difficult (like giving up
smoking, or any other addiction probably).  also i used some NLP to keep my
mind focussed on the _important outcomes_.  what helped enormously was
having some experience with different raw foods, and having a reasonable
availablity of those i wanted to use.

Once i was _OnTheRightTrail_ i found that my preferences were changing -
sometimes just after i had decided that such a food was 'the best', and
having bought bulk, i would realise that it wasn't really desirable at all -
eg Nuts (too much Phytic Acid) - but also not that tasty really.

well, that's about enuf about myself for now.

Good Health, and i look forward to hearing from you  :-)

Lynton