RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 1997 08:21:18 -0400
Stefan:

>getting enough Vitamin B12 seems to be a problem for raw vegans. But I al-
>ways wonder, why this should be the only issue. It's highly probable, that
>their are undiscovered vitamins in animal foods. I call the still undis-
>covered vitamin "Vitamin B20".

If vegans really lack a vitamin, there *must* be symptoms. So far, there is no
evidence that a vegan taking supplements suffers from deficiencies.

>I can't see that practising raw veganism is possible. To make things worse,
>it could be, that B20 is needed in the long run for maintaining the health
>of our children. So the raw vegans wouldn't notice problems, but their
>children would suffer deficiencies.

I don't think it is a convincing argument for vegans to eat animal food...
(a bit too speculative)

>Are instinctos in the U.S. eating raw olives? I never found this topic on
>the list.  My body recently developed a high need for them and I enjoy them
>very much.

I have never been able to find olives of instinctive quality, whether in France
(Orkos excepted) or in the U.S., they always sell them with oil. However, I did
have stops with the olives I found in the organic food stores. So far, I have
never been able to eat more than one dozen.

By the way: during the past few months, I haven't been able to eat avocados more
than twice a week, and most of the time the stop came after only one avo. If I
continue, I feel as if there was a knot in my upper stomach. It seems we are all
different...

Best wishes,

Jean-Louis