RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Judy Pokras <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 1997 04:44:37 +0000
>Jean-Louis: in another post, you mentioned that you have been 100% raw
>for 3 months. I wish you good luck in this effort, and ask that you Let us
>know how this works for you in the long term. Recently, there has been
>discussion here regarding how many long-time 100% raw people are of
>questionable mental health. I just wanted to mention that my observations
>on that subject are based on observations of raw vegans (only).

>It is my opinion that 100% raw non-vegan, i.e., instinctive eating or raw
>vegetarian that includes raw dairy, is much less likely to result in mental
>problems than is 100% raw vegan. One possible reason is that some types of
>raw vegan diets may be deficient in essential fatty acids, which may impair
>brain function. There are other possible explanations for this as well.

I've been eating 98% raw since the beginning of April.  (I didn't realize at
first that nori sheets were cooked, or that carob was roasted.)  I add
flaxseed oil or a combination of flaxseed/borage/sunflower seed/pumpkin seed
oils to my salad every day.  I assumed these provided the essential fatty
acids.  Is this not true?