RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 05 Jun 1997 13:33:04 -0700
-
 Ellie:
> >I was a schizophrenic and locked up for four years straight on a
> >violent ward when I was in my twenties, after that in and out of
> >dozens of hospitals. I was later diagnosed with a major depressive
> >disorder, and finally as a manic depressive.

> Peter:
> What a story. You must have had incredible reserves to be able to
> survive such adversity. It is ironic that it requires a very strong
> nervous system in order to make it through our mental institutions
> intact.

I believe we all have nervous systems strong enough to heal as long as we
have not gone over the line, "organic" as they call it, like some pigeon
ladies I see on my block in NYC. I was headed for that. I believe raw
food helped to restore me. My toxic mind needed to detox and my madness
was for that purpose. Unfortunately my rage, which was my madness, came
out the wrong neurons in those hospitals, and the madness didn't leave
until I got the right neurons detoxed.

I don't think my relply to your clear message about vegan zealots
(i. e. people who judge those who kill animals for food)got posted. These
people seem to be directing their anger at those of us who eat animals
rather than at those who abused them as children. I hope they will read
your message of truth and seek the help they need to feel the original
pain and heal from it.The pain of re-experiencing the orignal abuse is
nothing compared suffering with a toxic mind and madness.

My best, Ellie