RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 May 1997 14:36:54 +0000
Hi to all, especially Deborah and Jean-Louis.

Deborah: (from different posts)
>But Peter, Zephyr has consumed raw animal products (including their fat),=20
>for nearly six years, at an approximate rate of three meals weekly,=20
>averaging two pounds at each of these meals.  Do you think this intake is=20
>inadequate?  Or if so, is it so only because of the counterbalancing=20
>impact of his abundant fruit eating?
..
>In terms of animal consumption, it seems there's also the question of=20
>overpopulation and land use.  Can all five billion of us live in=20
>Pangaia-like permacultures and have access to instinctive quality meat? =20
>Should this be a criterion by which to evaluate any diet?  I don't know=20
>the answers to these questions, but maybe they're worth looking into.

Two pounds of meat, three times a week and for six years! Wow! I am
thunderstruck! So much! And this together with instinctive nutrition?
I can't believe it.

Possible reasons:
- meat of bad quality (see my earlier posts)
- a pair of two foods of bad quality

Let me explain the second item. There was a time when I was consuming high
amounts of raw tuna bought from the best local dealer in my town. I ate it
ate least one time a week and I consumed app. one pound at each meal. At
the same time I noticed that I permanently was attracted by grapefruit.
I need a better word here. Grapefruits are a cross-breeding of oranges and
another fruit whose name I mean. Anybody who knows? In german it is called
"Pampelmuse". It's very acidy and sour. It was cross-breeded with oranges
to make it more sweet.
So I ate lots of tuna and lots of pampelmuses.
After some months I found out, that my tuna was frozen. Freezing mostly has
the effect to delay and weaken the instinctive stop. Sometimes there is no
stop with frozen foods.

Important sign, that RAF (meat, fish, eggs) is not instinctive quality:
After eating it and having a more or less weak stop you feel thirsty. This
is a strong sign, that you have eaten too much. If you didn't exceed the st=
op this means that your RAF didn't give a correct stop because it was bad
quality!

Back to my story: after ordering tuna from Orkos I was very surprised to
get an unbreakable stop after a very small amount. This was the first meal
with good tuna then and it immediately stopped me. I stopped eating tuna
from then. After some days the attraction of the pampelmuses disappeared.
Never again from then I could eat them in bigger amounts. Today they mostly
stop after eating just a part of them.

So one good food was needed to balance the permanent intake of another bad
food. I must stress at this point, that freezing is only a weak denaturation.
And even this got me so disbalanced that I needed the acidy fruits. I conclude
that even smaller amounts of denatured food taken in on a regular basis are
bad and may get you totally disbalanced, especially if you are not able to
find a good quality food that does the counterpart.

So another question to Deborah and Zephyr is, whether Zephyr in all these
six years of extremely high meat eating had some other favorite food he was
permanently attracted to. Or even several other favorites.

My experience shows, that even an extreme attraction fades after at most six
months (not years). If I would experience a permanent strong attraction and
high consumption of one food I would start to find out, whether it is really
instincto quality. I strongly suggest this to anyone who practises instinctive
nutrition and cannot rely on a supplier like Orkos Diffusion.
Nature didn't want us to become addicts to certain foods. It is highly
probable that we broke a natural law if we find ourselves being addicted to
certain foods.
The question of the material needed for dental treatment of Zephyr's teeth
may play also a role. If you get poisoned continuously by this material you
will develop permanent attraction to foods that can balance this intoxifi-
cation.

If five billion of us consume as much meat as Zephyr there is no chance
to get it as instincto quality. His consumption was 2*459*3*52g =3D 143kg
per year. This even beats the average intake of german cooked eaters (92kg).
And it may beat the average SADer?

Jean-Louis:
>My opinion is that eating raw + 75 % organic + instinctively + no
>dairy + no wheat lies at 80-90% on the way between Standard Diet and
>Optimal Instinctive Nutrition, so if the health of a person is not at
>80% on the way between his formet state of health and "optimal
>health", the only conclusion I can draw is that a perfect instinctive
>nutrition is not sufficient to provide optimal health.

I don't agree. Instead of being proud of having left SAD so much and improved
nutrition by a huge amount I compare my nutrition to the conditions we found
on earth millions of years ago. And back there   a l l   food was perfect
instincto quality and that's all. I am still searching for improvements of
my food supply. I want to come as near as possible to the paradisiac con-
ditions of our ancestors. If my food supply is 99% perfect I will try to
reach 99.9% if it costs not too much trouble and money.

Deborah:
>I appreciated your passing along Dr. Castelli's current thinking.  If you
>still have an avenue to him, could you ask him how he would explain
>Zephyr's consumption of raw animal products (including their fat), for
>nearly six years, at an approximate rate of three meals weekly, averaging
>two pounds at each of these meals, and his cholesterol, after that six
>year period, being only 119?  [This was measured at the very beginning of
>his downturn due to trichinosis.]

Ok, here are my cholesterol values:

           1. Test       2. Test        Recommended range
TC           210             191             < 200
TRG          70              133             < 200
HDL          68              63              > 35
LDL          128             102             < 155
VLDL         14              27              < 40
TC/HDL       3.1             3.0             < 4.5
GLU          76              71              76 .. 110

Notes: All values in mg per dl.
TC = Total cholesterol, TRG =triglycerides, HDL = high density lipop
rotein,LDL =Low density lipoprotein, VLDL =very low density lipoprotein,
TC/HDL =ratio of TC to HDL, GLU =glucose.

First test on 4/18/97 9:30 MEZ, second test on 5/6/97 17:30 MEZ.
First test having eaten only Cassia. Second test having eaten my regular
meal at noon.

The second test was made because I suspected the first test to give wrong
results because on the evening of 4/17/97 I had eaten 730g =3D 1.61 lbs of
avocado flesh (the pure flesh, weight of the cores subtracted). And I had
exceeded the stop a little bit. Yes, this is possible even with avocados
from Orkos because they are still over-breeded. Only a weak stop.

I did the tests primary to see if an instinctive eater has values within
the limits for cooked eaters. I wouldn't be surprised if my values were
totally out of range.
I suppose this avocado meal to be responsible for the considerable shift
of TRG, LDL and VLDL. But the TC stayed nearly the same. Funny.

The glucose value stayed stable although I hadn't eaten anything before
the first test. This would support the theory of mr. Burger that the body
is able to supply enough glucose till noon and it is not necessary to take
a breakfast (and I don't take one since years now.)

The TC of Zephyr of 119 looks good. Would be interesting to see the other
values if you got them.

Deborah:
>Dear Stefan,
>What does an instinctive lifestyle mean to you?

It means that I try to hear to my inner voice whenever I can. And I pay
higher attention to my feelings than to rational thoughts how things should
be.
Examples:
- if exposing to the sun I get out as soon as I note a unpleasant feeling.
- if fast walking seems to be good I do it. If a slow motion feels better
  i will walk slowly.
- I call my friends if I feel that we should talk again. I don't count when
  I called them the last time or how often.
- I sleep as much as my body needs not as much I would like to sleep.
- generally I try to hear to my inner voice and my feelings if making
  decisions.
- I try to respect nature and other life as much as possible. I have
  definitive   n o   reluctance to kill animals I need for eating. But I
  won't slaughter one without this need.

Deborah:
>Peter and Stefan, you may have hit on something!  The research scientists
>should try the feces of RAW people on these chimps.  If the chimps like it
, so should we!  After all, our DNA is 99.4% the
>same, right?  A new instincto food!  Of course we can't enjoy it yet, bein
>only first generation, but perhaps one day our grandchildren will feast on
>this delicacy...  And maybe they will ponder new
>sophisticated questions, such as should one eat only one's own feces, or a
lso
>that of other instinctos (third generation, of course)?  And should
>digestion/excretion be considered a form of processing?

I must disappoint you. No new food, no new fun for you. We are too much into-
xicated from our cooked decades to try this. And really, Deborah: are you
able to do it? ;-)  Currently I am not and because of the toxins I don't
think I will do a lot to overcome this. Anyway: Have fun with your excretions
but watch out for reintoxification.

Best instinctive wishes,

Stefan