RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 9 Mar 97 13:46:47 -1000
Sent:        3/7/97 7:14 PM
To:          Raw Food Mailing List, [log in to unmask]

Kirt:
>I question how much
>fruit fat was ever available to our prehistoric ancestors. Besides avos
and  olives I have only seen one other rich fruit and it was in the Amazon
water shed, probably a wild variety.(It was about the size of an egg and the
seed was nearly as big as the entire fruit. The orange buttery flesh was only
as thick as an eggshell and was scrapped off with the teeth and one ended up
>with a mess all over the fingers and chin--but what a tasty mess! If
>anybody ever subjected _that_ fruit to a thousand generations of
artificial selection, I bet avos would be toppled from their current pedastal in the
>raw world ;)

Well, I know that coconuts are a "nut" but they certainly have fat in
them.  Also, did this fruit remind you of an egg fruit (canistel
<sic>)?

Zephyr