RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pat Stephens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Jan 1997 08:20:08 -0500
>Tom:
>Strictly speaking, you don't need to eat fruits. One can live on sprouts
>alone, or on a mono-diet, or on a diet of sprouts and vegetables alone.

Hello, Tom:

I find that a shocker, in light of my training and subsequent lively
interest in nutrition. Is a doubting Thomas permitted on the list? :)  How
do you feel about Roy Wolford's "Undernutrition without Malnutrition"? (he's
from Berkeley,as I'm sure you know, and as some may not know, was involved
in the recent two year study conducted in the "Biosphere"). His caveats
about studiously choosing foods on a 1200 calorie /day diet to avoid
subsequent biochemical deficiencies and their inevitable poor health were
well grounded, tho they did have problems with the atmospheric oxygen in the
experiment. I'm sure he will try again to make it possible for man to reach
to the stars!!

Perhaps if he were a "raw" instincto he could get down to 1000/day, but if
he drank tomato juice today and stood in front of a bright light you'd think
he was a thermometer with arms and legs!!! (But, you gotta admit, he has
quite an unmuddled brain on top and is quite dynamic).

Pat