RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Douglas Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Dec 1996 23:07:34
Bob:
>Do you know whether
>there is any empirical evidence indicting raw protein in
> excess?

I'm starting to get tired of this thread, & I just don't get the
notion some harbor which holds that if it's raw-veg, it is O.K.  No
way.  There is a big difference between low- & high-protein raw-veg
foods in what they do to your body.  [& if we want to talk RAF, I
again repeat what happened to the Eskimos on mostly RAF- they fell
apart after age 50 or so.]

I know I just feel crummy after eating a bunch of nuts or corn or
whatever.  What about your body temp. rise?  All that literature
Bohdi & others have posted may be on studies done with cooked
proteins, but the basic chemistry by & large still holds with raw
proteins.  To turn around the question a little, there is a huge
literature indicting cooked proteins, & the reasons for much of this
are independent of whether it is cooked or not.  Again, didn't
Shelton or somebody have something about working horses fed oats
live much shorter lives than horses put out to pasture?

--Doug Schwartz