From:
Roger Stillwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 May 1997 08:15:11 -0500
At 11:07 PM 5/17/97 -0400, you wrote:
>On Fri, 16 May 1997, Karl Mac Mc Kinnon wrote:
>
>> > I have not yet dared to
>> > chow down the way Ray Audette describes it.

        Karl, you have nothing to fear. I eat at least 3 to 6 lbs of red meat a
day. A glass of orange/tangerine juice and about a pound of veggies and I
am losing weight. I know some people may not be able to eat that much and
still lose but then again a lot of people don't need that much to keep going.

>What has attracted me to NeanderThin is that it is intellectually
>satisfying, going one step beyond the Zone approach (Sears
>advises us to "think hormonally" but not immunologically about
>what we eat), and evidently more natural.

        This has attracted me too. I was on Atkins for 2 years and did quite well
(Lost around 150 lbs). I think Neanderthin takes it one step further though
and now with the removal of dairy products from my diet I am allergy free
for the first time in 10 years. While all of my friends are walking around
feeling miserable and not being able to breathe I am breathing freely. Just
for that alone this way of eating makes it all worth it to me. The funny
thing is that when I tell my friends what is probably causing their
allergies they all say "Oh, I can't give up my ice cream.". Well I guess
some people can still rationalize that a few minutes of pleasing their
taste buds is worth a few months of misery of living with allergies. Go
figure. =+)

>What remains to be
>seen is whether it will work for me.  I don't expect rapid weight
>loss, since I am now only about 15 pounds from where I should be.
>But I'd like to experience some of that freedom from caloric
>restriction, for which I would gladly give up aggie foods.

        If you like spicy foods try the recipes in Neanderthin for Chili and the
Mexican Porkchops. The porkchops take a little prep time but I could eat
them 24-7. My chili recipe I think is actually a little better. I will post
it someday when I have more time on my hands to write it all down. And I
would recommend taking the time to make some beef broth for stuff like
soups. Adding just plain water to soup makes it taste bland. I use both
beef and chicken broth.

        Roger Stillwell

>Todd Moody

Nature forms us for ourselves, not for others; to be, not to seem.

                                                 -- Unknown Author --

"I swear -- by my life and my love of it -- that I will never live for the
sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine"

                                         -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged, 1957 --

"The further the spiritual evolution of mankind advances, the more certain
it seems to me that the path to genuine religiosity does not lie through
the fear of life, and the fear of death, and blind faith, but through
striving after rational knowledge."

                                                           -- Einstein --