From:
Kim Tedrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jun 1997 23:56:44 -0400
Keith,

Are you sure you're on the right list?

One of the most frequent objections heard by the traditional medical
establishment to argue against alternative approaches that WORK is
"we don't have any data on that."

I.E., if they don't study it and approve of it, it doesn't exist.

I don't need no stinkin data to tell me that I feel better, look better, and
AM better and healthier on lowcarb/Neanderthin.   Nor do I need any data to
tell me that most other people on this list do too.  And, as some of the
well-read people on this list will tell you, there *is* data out there.  And
if you really want to argue the data points, there is a list for that too.

::::::cavewoman growl::::::

Kim
"The amount of common sense is fixed, but the population keeps going up."

In messages dated 6/21/97 23:15:49, Keith wrote:
Any data on that

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.  There are over 3 billion opinions
in the world, and yours is just one more.

Let's see...75% vegetable to 25% meat.  That's 3:1.  So?  Any data on
their health?  I know of a tribe in the Amazon, that until recent years,
ate the hunter-gather diet.  However, I have no data on their health
(then) and now (with more cultivated foods in their diet).  Sorry,
without data no scientific conclusions can be made about the healthiness
of their diet.

Don't attack the bearer of information, if you can't discuss the data
itself

Sure, right. Whatever. And monkeys might fly out of my ass, too!

If you have any data which suggests wolves (or wild dogs) have molars,
please let me know.

Keith