From:
Karl Mac Mc Kinnon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 May 1997 15:31:04 -0500
On Sat, 31 May 1997, Carol Feehan wrote:

> ------ =_NextPart_000_01BC6DC1.420571A0
>

> >Macadamias are contriversial nuts.  I won't eat accorns because of the
> >tannins.=20
>
> What kind of problems result from eating tannins??.  Is there any =
> connection between these tannins and the tannins in black tea? (she say, =

        I think tannins are what give tea its flavor.  I don't like tea,
so I don't think I'll like tannins either.
        All I know is that "8" is enough to kill a rat, and "9" is what's
in accorns.

> Am I completely batty to think I can do this on Neanderthin?? I could =
> begrudgingly switch to herbal stuff (parsley is pretty awesome!) but I =
> guess I'd like to be convinced that it's the right thing to do.  I gave =
> up coffee (and unsweetened chocolate) after thinking about the "raw =
> rule". I guess I've protected myself from thinking about munching raw =
> tea leaves. No chance they're delicious and nutricious straight off the =
> bush, eh?

        I guess tea is a personal choice.  I if the tannins don't kill you
outright, they should be O.K. for the amount you get from tea.  In no way
am I a strict paleolith (no cooked meat, no new world foods, no utensils).