From:
Kevin & Mara Riley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 May 1997 22:31:12 -0700
On Thu, 22 May 1997, Karl Mac Mc Kinnon wrote:

>         NeanderThin is a diet with an ideology behind it.  Eating
> forbiden fruit is not only unhealthy, it is "wrong."  That helps the
> dieter avoid unhealthy eating.  No one here wishes to offend farmers.  We
> simply are upset that food organizations are using political methods to
> convince the American public that grains and milk are a neccesity.

Agreed.

Someday I hope to own a small farm of my own.  I will probably practice
sustainable agriculture, and raise enough grain (in rotation with other
crops) to feed the animals -- and raise enough animals to feed _me_.

I don't think agriculture has to be wrong, per se.  It just needs to be
responsible.

And yes, the big agribusiness concerns are trying their best to persuade
us to consume more of their products -- as is the Beef Board.  We need to
educate consumers to be more sceptical of ALL information, to research on
their own.  Isn't that how we got here?

Corbie

Don't just knock on Death's door.  Ring the bell and run away -- he really
hates that.
[log in to unmask] (Mara) or [log in to unmask] (Kevin)
ATTENTION: ALL SPAMMERS WHO POST TO MY ACCOUNT ARE IMMEDIATELY REPORTED TO
THEIR POSTMASTER.