From:
Pam Clausen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 May 1997 23:19:42 +0900
Question:

I recently read on a web site that lower insulin levels can lessen the
serotonin levels in the brain. It was suggested in the article to eat a
candy bar to jump-start the serotonin.

The article went on to say that if you take serotonin as a supplement,
it will go into the bloodstream but not to the brain. If you were to eat
foods with the amino acid, tryptophan, it would bond with the serotonin
in the brain. Two foods mentioned that have tryptophan are pecans and
bananas. What other foods have tryptophan?

I would like feedback on this, as a lack of serotonin can cause
depression and anxiety, which I don't want. However, I do like this
lifestyle and am not willing to change my eating habits.

Pam