From:
Pam Clausen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 May 1997 08:54:31 +0900
Last night I attempted to create my first batch of jerky in the electric
oven. Not bad for a first attempt. My husband had picked up these TOUGH
round steaks that I refused to cook! I sliced them thin and marinated
them in lemon juice, freshly ground black pepper and Morton Lite salt.
I laid them out directly on the oven racks (which I greased down with a
paper towel and oil). I turned the oven to about 150 degrees, left the
door open, and placed a box fan in front. After about 3 hours, it was
almost dry, so I turned off the oven and left the meat in. This morning
it was completely dry. Next time, I plan to use more spice. The lemon
juice flavors the meat nicely.

Enjoy!
Pam