From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 1997 07:34:56 +0200
Moira wrote:
8<
> Are your kids on the Neanderthin diet?
8<
I am impressed of your kids diet. My kids are adult and
they think my paleo-diet is intresting but sofar are not
changing their own eating (although the need to).
You cannot use a stick to force kids to better eating,
you have to use the carrot :-)
(Due to high glycemic index of carrots you perhaps have
tobe cautious with them as well.)

One reason its hard to convince kids is that all other
kids eat the "junk foods" and all advertising and
TV-commercials that persue us to buy these "foods".
What Karl names "the invisible war" is surely going on,
althoug its highly visible in fact. Advertising and
commercials are the artillery. And as in all wars, the
soldiers are convinced that they are fighting foor the
good sake against evil. And the food market is only one
front in this war.
Take Coca-Cola for example. Whats good with it? Who needs
it? Either you get lots of sugar with it, or, if you take
the ligth version, you get some very doubtful sweetener
plus it starts sugar cravings making you eat something
with even more sugar in it. The water is just ordinary
tap-water. And still the people working for this company
are proud of their work, the company and the ever
increasing worldwide succes of Coca-Cola.
There is no explicit conspiration behind this, rather an
implicit one. Implicit in the economical, political and
psycological system that started rolling with the advent
of agriculture...

Sorry for staying off-topic.
There are not many shelves in the food supermarket for
a paleo-dieter to look at. Lots of space wasted, that
better could be used for children to play in.

- Hans