From:
Mara Riley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 1997 17:30:25 -0400
On Tue, 15 Jul 1997, Karl Alexis McKinnon wrote:
>         Briefly discussing Troy's points on totemic vs. agricultural
> religions, Satanism is bassicly a Totemic religion with a very
> panthiestic base.  The idea is to treat mankind as totally carnal, and
> nothing more and nothing less than another animal, (except that man is
> the most viscious animal of all).

Hmmm... well, not to get into the Satanism discussion, as a whole, but...
I would dispute that humans are the most vicious animals of all, though
we can be pretty nasty; we also show great potential for compassion and
caring.  If this were not so, we wouldn't have families, friends, and so
on.  To the (very little) extent that I understand the principles of the
ToS, I disagree with them.

I think I'd reserve the 'most vicious' category for sharks.

Cheers,
Mara