NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Amanda Ackerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 1997 18:37:36 -0600
On Thu, 26 Jun 1997, Hazel and Ray wrote:
<snip>
> Everyone has been very helpful but does
> anyone know of a name brand supplement or a Canadian one. Alot of the
> supplements are in the US and very hard to get here. If worst comes to
> worst I will pick up a supply while I am in the states this summer but
> it would be nice to be able to get it here in Canada.
<snip>

Hazel,
There is a company in New Jersey called The Vitamin Shoppe.  They have a
few retail stores in the New York/New Jersey area and also operate a
mail-order business.  Their catalogue says that they will ship to other
countries, including Canada. Of course, the shipping is more expensive.

They have several children's supplements including a chewable
calcium/magnesium supplement that is free of sucrose, salt, starch,
yeast, wheat, lactose, citrus, milk, eggs, fish or animal derivatives,
preservatives, chemical additives, artificial colours and flavours.  I
haven't tried it, so I can't recommend it to you.  However, I use a few
of their other supplements and have been happy with them.

If you are interested in contacting them, their number is 201-866-7711
outside the US or 800-223-1216 in the US.

Good luck,
Amanda