NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Feb 1997 17:59:01 -0500
At 09:34 PM 2/1/97 -0800, you wrote:

>Much as I wish dairy consumption were the cause of acne, I know it isn't
>true in all cases.  My daughter is vegan for ethical reasons, eats a very
>low fat diet, is very healthy, and still suffers from extreme acne.  Her
>father, my husband, also suffered from extreme acne,

It could also be gluten. Remember the casomorphin peptide in gliadin (the
toxic part of gluten) and casein are very similar. They both make great
glues. Being vegan probably means a high gluten diet. Here's an article I have:

Lutz, W.J., "The Colonisation of Europe and Our Western Diseases", Medical
Hypotheses, Vol. 45, pages 115-120, 1995

Dr. Lutz argues that there is a clear, inverse relationship between
civilisatory diseases and the length of time the people of a given region
of Europe have had to adapt to the high carbohydrate diet associated with
the cultivation of cereal grains that was begun in the Near East, and
spread very slowly through Europe.

I quote from the first page of the article:

"In over thirty years of clinical practice, I have found, as published in
numerous papers and several books (3, 4), that diet works well against
Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, multiple sclerosis, heart failure,
*acne* and other problems."

Dairy consumption probably correlates with a high carbohydrate diet.

I can e-mail the text of this article (without exhibits) to anyone
interested, but it is copyrighted and I can't post or put it on a web page.

Don.