NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 1997 16:46:44 +0000
 Heidi wrote:
> I have no problem with a lively discussion or a great debate but I do have a
> problem when people start treating other people (especially people that
> you've never even met), the way some the people on this list have been
> treated recently.

Heidi - thanks for your comments. I think the list will eventually
settle down into being a support group and information exchange for
people dealing every day with milk intolerance and/or allergies.

There are also many people on this list with a wealth of knowledge
and expertise in this field, and I welcome their input in making this
a forum that we can all trust to provide the best answers to our
questions about milk and health.

The list owners have a difficult job in maintaining a balance between
free and open discussion on the one hand, and maintaining high
standards of debate and behaviour on the other. No list can be a
free-for-all. The list owners are also feeling our way in this, and
our decisions aren't set in stone, but we do have a firm policy on
what is acceptable on this list, and what is not. Robert Cohen and Mr
Gonzales have been disabled from posting to the list for the present.
This will give other people a chance to have a say without feeling
intimidated by those people's continual attacks on everyone's point
of view but their own.

I hope this discussion can end now, and we can get back to the
great list we have here. We are really making a difference to
people's lives!

Max Desorgher