NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robert Cohen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 1997 00:22:59 -0800
J. L. GONZALEZ wrote:

Penicillin is given to cows, but there is a withdrawal period required
by federal law that prevents treated cow's milk from entering the food
chain.  Be careful of raw milk sold at roadside or local dairies direct.
This milk may not be tested for penicillin residues.
All milk picked up at dairies for processing by plants is sampled at the
dairy and again at the plant. All milk that shows penicillin or other
antibiotics is DUMPED.

Dear Mr. Gonzalez,

Your POLYANNA attitude is a welcome addition to the GOT-NO-MILK list.
Anybody seeking more information call 1-800-NOWAY-JOSE!

I often stop at milkside roadstands to buy raw milk.  They can be found
on every street corner in the New York Metropolitan area.  My family and
I enjoy watching milkmaids milk the dairy cows and do not mind the long
lines to purchase this warm and delicious commodity!

Oh yes, of course.  The USDA checks every truck going into every dairy
farm...and of course, dairy farmers dump every quart of colostrum-filled
milk like federal law requires.

Of course, the Wall Street Journal and Consumers Union lied to the
American people about unsafe levels of antibiotics in milk.  Thank
goodness we can trust the FDA who hired MONSANTO scientists (Margaret
Miller, Suzanne Sechen)to review their own research and then hired
MONSANTO's attorney (Michael Taylor) to write the milk labeling
regulations for the new genetically engineered hormone.  And thank
goodness for a federal government which promotes that same attorney to
Under-Secretary of USDA so that the number of milk testers could be cut
from 86 to 30 for the entire United States of America.

And thank goodness USDA does not test cows for leukemia or downers cow
syndrome or spongiform diseases or else the dairy industry would shut
down in one day.

Thank goodness only 100,000 people got ill from milk in the Chicago area
and two dies a few years back from one improperly pasteurized batch of
milk.

Must have been the inspector's day off.

Sir, you've got all the answers, and for those you are lacking you
suggest that people call 800-WHY-MILK?

Can you tell me one thing that they say in their brochure that is
accurate or would you like a list of their lies?

Robert Cohen