CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
jf noonan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 14:37:58 -0500
For the apologists for state terror -- especially that nasty little
fuck, Tresy.

Anytime the US Gov't wasn't to show its eveidence, they can get a
hearing from me.  But the track record is so poor (remember when
Quadaffi's test was bombed in retaliation for the Berlin disco
bombings only for it to come out later that no Libyans were involved?)
that I will assume they are wrong until they prove otherwise.

--

Joseph Noonan

Today's NY Times reports that EMPTA, the chemical found in the Sudanese
soil sample -- and which US officials insist can *only* be used for
making VX gas -- in fact has commercial uses, including pharmeceutical
ones, and that in any case it closely resembles a substance found in
fertilizers widely used in Africa.

So far no outraged Times editorials demanding the Administration "come
clean" on this one.