CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lawrence Libby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 22:03:27 -0400
>F. Leon Wilson
>Chomsky List Members:
>
>Who do we believe and why?

1) I believe the Taliban are US allies.  The Taliban leadership knew about
the cruise attacks before they happened.  Many of you will say that's
preposterous.  Time will tell.

2) Clinton's policy of killing civilians, even bombing the wrong place
altogether is effective foreign policy.  It shows the rest of the  world
exactly what the free world is willing to do in its "vital" interests.
Terror.

3) If the factory was making even moderately poisonous stuff then it would
be too dangerous for any one, especially foreign journalists to clamber
around the wreckage.  Oh, that's right, it was making "an ingredient" of vx.
A fairly inert one, I'm sure.

4) With R. Goodby and jf noonan, I find anyone's wholesale acceptance of
official statments at least puzzling.

        -LL