CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"F. Leon Wilson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 1997 15:15:02 -0400
Definition of truth:

Simply put, TRUTH is defined as "that which is."

That which is . . . is Truth.

The unison to actual conditions or facts which allows immediate certainty
- - forever.
Truth.

F. Leon

On Wed, 20 Aug 1997, john konopak wrote:

> Pierre Waxforce wrote:
> >
> > Truth isn't the reward of free spirits, the child of protracted solitude,
> > nor the privilege of those who have succeeded in liberating themselves...

                [       [       TEXT CUT        ]       ]

> >                 --  Michel Foucault

                [       [       TEXT CUT        ]       ]

> Anent the "subject": Re Truth: What is she?
> I like Derrida's eternal answer to the same question posed about
> decconstruction: (Truth) is a calico cat. This is pertinent also to Don
> Braydon's comments, as well as the thread circulating around the
> definition of racism. The social order is a composite of definitions,
> nothing more. Control of and contest for the privilege to name the
> universe constitute the core of every social arrangement. The debate is
> crucial. But addressed to the personal interests of people, the debate
> proceeds (paradoxically) without a point of reference. The argument is
> about reading and writing, about inscribing and interpreting discourse.
> Because the very fabric of the social cloth is woven of words. But words
> are an unstable medium; or rather, they are poly-stable. They always
> already (as went the song among Marxians) mean more than one thing.

                [       [       TEXT CUT        ]       ]
                   * Will respond to above portion in
                          a separate message. *