CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sean Beresford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 1997 20:29:20 +0000
>        How does that song go?  Please allow me to introduce myself....
>Following the lead of  Djordje Vidanovic, and having litle else to write
>about, I might as well let a few of you know that there are others on this
>group that have a different, perhaps less academic, background.   My
>education since American public high school has been almost entirely
>self-inflicted.
>        My childhood was spent in Poitiers, France, my father was an
>American civilian employed at the Air Force base there.  When De Gaul
>politely asked NATO Forces to quit the sacred soil of France, we moved to
>the suburbs of Washington DC just as the anti-war movement was getting
>rolling.  Anti-war demos were my main form of socializing.  I started a
>Student Mobilization Committee chapter in my junior high school.
>        When my father offered to send me to college, I graciously declined.
>(Oops)  With DC in flames after the assasination of Martin Luther King and
>the FBI-supported death squads at Wounded Knee, not to mention the social
>upheaval spawned by the criminal attack on Vietnam, I was confidant that
>that society as we knew it would be radically changed.
>        Wrong again.  I spent the next few years working menial jobs,
>frequenting seedy bars, smoking pot and generally behaving irresponsibly.
>After 4 or 5 years of this I woke up one morning and decided become
>politically active again.  Just like that.  I had moved to the small towns
>of Massachusetts just South of Nashua, NH.
>        It was 15 years ago in the used book store in the prep-school town
>of Groton, Mass. that I discovered Noam Chomsky.  The book was _The
>Washington Connection and Third World Fascism, The Political Economy of
>Human Rights, Vol 2_.  I had never heard of him.  The book was exactly what
>I was looking for.  I had always read non-fiction; Colin Turnbull, William
>Manchester, Jack Henry Abbot.   I've read probably 15 or so Chomsky books
>since then.  Sometimes his books seem repetitive, with only minor changes in
>cant, or updates to acount for recent political changes. I've seen him
>speak, mostly at MIT, about 10 times.  Sometimes he seems distracted, like
>he's thinking 2 sentences ahead, plowing through the words by rote.  Other
>times he is lucid and funny, holding the audience's attention with natural
>ease.
>        I am now a CNC (Computer Numerical Control) machinist.   I get a
>sense of satisfaction making three-dimensional objects that have actual use.
>I keep my intellectual life seperate from my work life - unlike many of you.
>I love riding my bicycle over the rolling hills of Southern New Hampshire.
>I find the science of linguistics interesting and am happy to read what ever
>is written for this group.
>        Sorry this took so long, I had no idea....  Gotta go mow the lawn
>and then climb aboard the 2-wheeled steed.  Summer is way too short around
>here.
> [...]

Noam chomsky is one cool dude . i dated him several times , he gives one hell of
a good headjob and boy can that golden tongue work miracles.and when he comes
it's like mount st helens erupting . and another interesting fact is that old
Noamy baby , believe or not ! is bisexual and his perverted ways will shock
are really incredible, you name it bestiality and is a mega necrophiliac .
man that man should stay clear of morgues.