CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Fred Welfare <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Dec 2000 00:42:55 EST
From my reading of the post in this thread, I am not so sure Chomsky's theory
has been annihilated. Chomsky posited a generative logic which apparently
seems to be supported by the thesis that the evolution of language drives the
acquisition of language.  In a roundabout way, Vygotsky claimed that
development was driven by the ingrowing of the social, as opposed to the more
Cartesian logic of Piaget and other schools, e.g. the Vienna School.

Vunch