CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tony Abdo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 19:28:53 -0600
Bill,

I might also add, that the dodo is extinct not because it was
"inferior",  but because it was murdered off.     But I don't want to
get too complicated here at the Kindergarden level.

"Artificial" also refers to more than economy running at below full
capacity.    There is also the small matter of what is being produced.
Under capitalism, -the what- causes more squalor than -the how much-.

Plus, there is the question of the artificial squalor produced by war to
maintain the neocolonialist system.       Under capitalism, war no
longer kills tribes.      It kills off continental populations.

There are also other types of artificial squalor produced by capitalism.
But I think we need to go slow here.      I don't try to explain too
much to my 3 yr. old, either.

Tony