CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bill Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 17:43:34 +1000
Issodhos @aol.com wrote:

[...]

>      Actually, they are quite effective, and the best part is that they
>almost never have to be discharged.  In fact, the mere possibility that a
>firearm may be in one's home or on one's person acts as a deterrent in itself.

What about the people who break into your house to steal your guns?

Thanks for the advice, but I'll stick with the abject poverty defense
against theft. It's worked like a charm so far and I always try to make a
virtue out of necessity. ;-) I don't lose much sleep over being robbed at
present, though some bastard did pinch my spanner a couple of weeks ago
after it dropped on the ground at the post office.

Bill Bartlett
Bracknell Tas