CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 01:53:28 -0400
>My point was that the mass deportation of the Kosovo population is a
>tactical blunder on the part of the Yugoslavian state, not NATO. Milosovec
>played the barbarism card despite the fact that his only feasible strategy
>was to appeal to world public opinion. This option is now closed, world
>public opinion is not going to favour barbarians.

The motive behind that is long term.  Milosevic became popular when he
promised minorities in Kosovo his protection.

Milosevic is depopulating ethnic Albanians from Kosovo so he can flood it
with Serbian refugees from the Balkan wars and then declare "democracy"
within a region which then will be dominated by non-Albanians.  So it is
hard to measure the success of this plan in the short run.

Governments representing 1/3 of the worlds population are opposed to NATO's
actions.  Public protest are world wide(and heavily unreported by corporate
media).

In fact, it is true that "world public opinion is not going to favour
barbarians" and unfortunately for NATO, they are one of the sides practising
barbarianism.

The ones suffering the most for this competition on "Who can be more
barbaric on the Muslims" is the Muslims.  No shock to me, if you look at the
treatment of Muslims throughout the world.

Milutin

--
Wit tha five centuries of penitentiary
So let tha guilty hang