CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
alister air <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 13:00:03 +1000
At 20:18 29/03/99 -0800, Larry Stamm wrote:

>Furthermore, I have heard the NATO bombing being blamed for the
>current atrocities allegedly being done by the Serbs in Kosovo. This
>argument is utter nonsense.  If the Yugoslav army, or other Serb
>organizations, are indeed commiting war crimes in Kosovo, they are
>solely responsible for their actions and no blame can be shifted by
>describing such actions as predictable responses to military attack.

With respect, the bombing gives them the perfect cover for their actions.
Military planners could not help but be aware of this.  Bombing also ends
up giving more support to an otherwise disliked leader (look what's
happened in Iraq).

Does this not mean that NATO is propping up a regime which commits genocide?

Alister